Policy and Research
Canadians farmers and food processors continually strive for a sustainable balance between production objectives and environmental health.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada undertakes research to understand environmental trends, changes in management practices on farms and the impact of various drivers on these trends to inform programs and policy.
- Environmental Programming
- Evaluations of programs and initiatives the Government of Canada and the provinces have put in place to address environmental issues.
- Environmental Monitoring
- Important information for decision-makers on how the agriculture sector is performing, why the sector is performing as it is, and how it is likely to evolve in the future.
- Environmental Policy Research
- Information and analysis used to inform and strengthen directions on environmental issues for the agriculture and agri-food sector.