Agriculture in the City - Burlington
Agriculture in the City is a free, family oriented, urban festival that explores how agriculture is all around us, everyday.
In 2012, more than 20,000 people visited Agriculture in the City at the Burlington Mall and learned the important role food and farming plays in the province.
Please take a moment to view our photo highlights. We look forward to seeing you at a future Agriculture in the City. Please visit this site for details about the next event.
Stage presentations in 2012 included:
- Culinary activist and award-winning author Lynn Ogryzlo
- Growing vegetables in small spaces with Steven Biggs
- Green smoothie demonstration by Catherine DeVos
- Cooking demonstrations with Chefs Ken Hodgins, Murray Zehr and Patricia Muzzi
- Aquaponics presentation with Al Nason
- Ethnic Vegetable presentation by Ahmed Bilal
- Balloon animal art
- 'So You Think You Can Farm' quiz game
Our 2012 exhibitors and partners
- 4-H Ontario
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Aquaponics Al Nason
- Burlington Mall
- Farm and Food Care
- Farmers Feed Cities!
- Foodland Ontario
- Halton Food for Thought
- Holistic nutritionist Catherine DeVos
- Mooonica the Mechanical Cow
- Ontario Agri-Food Education
- Ontario Produce Marketing Association
- University of Guelph
- Vineland Research and Innovation Centre
- White Meadows Farms