2010 AgriStability and AgriInvest Program Harmonized Form and Guide for Individuals
Before You Start
This guide will help you complete the Form T1273, Harmonized AgriStability and AgriInvest Programs Information and Statement of Farming Activities for Individuals, and Form T1274, Harmonized AgriStability and AgriInvest Program Information and Statement of Farming Activities for Additional Farming Operations). These forms allow you to provide the information that is necessary to participate in the AgriStability and AgriInvest programs.
- AgriStability - a margin-based program that provides income support when a producer experiences larger income losses. Payments are based on a decline in your farm's current year margin compared to an average historical margin.
- AgriInvest - a savings account for producers that provides flexible coverage for small income declines and supports investments that help mitigate risks or improve market income. Benefits are calculated on the basis of Allowable Net Sales (ANS).
You can choose to participate in AgriInvest only, AgriStability only, or both programs together, depending on the business risk management needs of your farm.
This guide contains important information and instructions on how to apply for the AgriStability and AgriInvest programs. To ensure your forms are filled out correctly, and your benefits are calculated accurately, it is important that you carefully review the information in this guide.
The information contained in this guide is accurate at the time of printing, but may be subject to change. This guide contains general information only and is not intended to be a substitute for legislation. Where a discrepancy exists between the information in this guide and the program authorities (the Growing Forward Agreement and related Program Guidelines) the program authorities will take precedence in all cases. For additional and updated information visit the program Web sites or call the toll-free line at 1-866-367-8506.
Guide and Forms
This guide and form is for you if:
- you want to participate in the AgriStability and/or AgriInvest programs for 2010 and you farm in British Columbia*, Saskatchewan*, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, or the Yukon; and
- you earned income as a self employed farmer or partner of a farm partnership, or by renting land under a crop share arrangement; and
- you are not a trust, a non-resident, a corporation, or a status Indian farming on a reserve. A separate form and guide for these operations is available from your administration.
*For participants farming in British Columbia and Saskatchewan: AgriStability is now delivered provincially by the British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture and Lands and the Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation. Producers farming in these provinces will continue to use the T1273, T1274, and the T1275 forms.
AgriStability and AgriInvest programs participants from Prince Edward Island, Ontario and Alberta will continue to use Guide RC4060, Farming Income and the AgriStability and AgriInvest Programs.
AgriStability and AgriInvest programs participants from Quebec will continue to use Guide T4003, Farming Income and should contact:
La Financière agricole du Québec
Please visit the Canada Revenue Agency Website to access the most recent versions of these publications:
- 2010 RC4408 Farming Income and the AgriStability and AgriInvest Programs Harmonized Guide - Joint Forms and Guide
- T1273 Statement A - Harmonized AgriStability and AgriInvest Programs Information and Statement of Farming Activities for Individuals
- T1274 Statement B - Harmonized AgriStability and AgriInvest Programs Information and Statement of Farming Activities for Additional Farming Operations
- T1275 AgriStability and AgriInvest Programs Additional Information and Adjustment Request
Growing Forward, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative