Reports and Reviews
The Food Regulatory Issues Division of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada prepares reports and articles designed to raise awareness of the regulatory requirements and marketplace opportunities associated with innovative products in the growing category of foods with added health benefits.
- Sodium Reduction Efforts by the Canadian Food Industry (February 2013)
- Market Opportunities for Foods with Added Health Benefits for an Aging Canadian Population (November 2012)
- Canada's Regulatory System for Foods with Health Benefits - An Overview for Industry (October 2012)
- Emerging Food Products, Technologies and Processes: Insights for Regulators (June 2012)
- Whole Grain Claims in the Marketplace (February 2012)
- An Example of a Systematic Literature Review (January 2012)
- A Review of the Health Benefits of Flaxseed (October 2011)
- A Review of the Health Benefits of Pulses (October 2011)
- Disease Risk Reduction and Therapeutic Claims: Opportunities for Canada's Agri-Food Sector (September 2011)
- CONSORT (CONsolidated Standards of Reporting Trials) Statement for Reporting Clinical Trials (July 2011)
- Research Gaps and Priorities Related to Health Claim Validation (Revised December 2010)
- Promising Health Claim Opportunities for Canada's Agri-Food Sector (August 2010)
- Best Practices in Promoting Food Health Benefits: Insights from an Environmental Scan (August 2010)
Contact the Food Regulatory Issues Division to learn more about regulations for health claims, novel foods and ingredients.