Agricultural Flexibility Fund
- AgriFlexibility will no longer be accepting new proposals
AgriFlexibility has received an overwhelming response from the provinces, territories and/or industry. As such, we will no longer be accepting new proposals at this time.
However, the AgriProcessing Initiative is still accepting proposals.
The Agricultural Flexibility Fund (AgriFlexibility) is a five year (2009-2014) program that will improve the sector's competitiveness and will help the sector adapt to pressures through non-business risk-management measures that will reduce costs of production, improve environmental sustainability, promote innovation and respond to market challenges.
The main elements of AgriFlexibility include:
- Help reduce the cost of production or improve environmental sustainability for the sector
- Support value-chain innovation or sectoral adaptation
- Address emerging market opportunities and challenges for the sector
Initiatives undertaken by AgriFlexibility will either be one-time investments for a specific purpose, or multi-year initiatives, delivered and administered similar to a stand-alone program. Both approaches may be funded by one of three methods:
- solely federally funded;
- cost-shared at a 60:40 ratio with participating provinces or territories
- cost-shared with sector groups, either in partnership with the federal government, or jointly with the federal government and one or more provinces or territories on a 60:40 basis
Funding provided to for-profit organizations will normally be in the form of repayable contributions. Funding provided to not-for-profit organizations will be non-repayable.
Depending on the funding arrangement, applicants may either apply directly to AAFC to deliver a project or initiative, or apply to AAFC to receive funds to provide support to the intended target. All proposals, no matter which method is used, are submitted to the national AgriFlexibility administration for assessment. More information on submitting proposals can be found on the Application Process page.