Innovation, underpinned by solid science, is important to the continued development of a successful agriculture and agri-food sector in Canada. These are exciting times for agriculture and agri-food. It is for this reason that we are hosting one-day regional dialogues which will bring diverse perspectives together from across the agriculture, agri-food and agri-products sector to begin collectively developing an agenda for the future. The goal is to explore new ways of creating a dynamic culture of innovation excellence at both local and national levels.
These regional dialogues provide us with an opportunity to explore needs for science and innovation in the agriculture and agri-food sector, and how we can create a new future through collaborative action and develop approaches for an ongoing dialogue with stakeholders.
Research Branch will be looking to establish Regional Research Users Meetings (RRUMs) as a way to allow for more in-depth conversations to take place among interested participants on a particular topic. More information will be shared as these sessions start to take place.
Dialogues with stakeholders
Summary of Workshops
- Calgary, Alberta (June 8, 2011)
- Fredericton, New Brunswick (March 15, 2011)
- Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island (March 7, 2011)
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (March 4, 2011)
- Winnipeg, Manitoba (March 2, 2011)
- Halifax, Nova Scotia (December 9, 2010)
- Lévis, Quebec (October 19, 2010)
- Guelph, Ontario (September 20, 2010)
- St. John's, Newfoundland (April 12, 2010)
- Richmond, British Columbia (March 23, 2010)
For more information on these regional dialogues, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.