Cheng, Bifang, Ph.D.Research Scientist
Room SSW 322
107 Science Place
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 0X2
- Genetic enhancement of condiment mustard (Sinapis alba and Brassica juncea) germplasm
- Development of high-yielding condiment yellow mustard (Sinapis alba) by using heterosis in synthetic varieties
- Development of high-yielding hybrid cultivars using the Ogura cms system in brown and oriental mustard (Brassica juncea).
Research Publications:The links below lead to abstracts with access to full text.
- Javidfar, F. and Cheng, B.F. (2013). "Single Locus, Multiallelic Inheritance of Erucic Acid Content and Linkage Mapping of FAE1 Gene in Yellow Mustard.", Crop Science, 53(3), pp. 825-832. doi : 10.2135/cropsci2012.09.0552
- Cheng, B.F., Williams, D.J., and Zhang, Y. (2012). "Genetic Variation in Morphology, Seed Quality and Self-(in)Compatibility among the Inbred Lines Developed from a Population Variety in Outcrossing Yellow Mustard (Sinapis alba).", Plants, 1(1), pp. 16-26. doi : 10.3390/plants1010016
- Cheng, B.F., Wu, G., Vrinten, P., Falk, K.C., Bauer, J., and Qiu, X. (2009). "Towards the production of high levels of eicosapentaenoic acid in transgenic plants: the effects of different host species, genes and promoters.", Transgenic Research, 19(2), pp. 221-229. doi : 10.1007/s11248-009-9302-z
Other Science Related Publications:
- Marambe, H.K., McIntosh, T.C., Cheng, B.F., and Wanasundara, P.K.J.P.D. (2012). "Anti-peptide antibody-based ELISA quantitation of Sin a 1 allergen in yellow mustard (Sinapis alba L.) seeds.", 7th Workshop on Food Allergen Methodologies, Montréal, QC, Canada, May 6-9, 2012.
- Cheng, B.F. and Williams, D.J. (2010). "Development of elite inbred component lines for synthetic hynrids in yellow mustard (Sinapis alba).", 17th Crucifer Genetics Workshop Brassica, Saskatoon, SK, Canada, September 5-8, 2010, pp. 121.