Privacy Impact Assessments
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) is committed to protecting personal information used in the course of providing programs or services to Canadians. Privacy Impact Assessments are one among many measures put in place by AAFC to safeguard personal information.
Privacy Impact Assessments help to ensure that privacy is considered throughout all steps of the design or re-design of programs and services. These assessments allow AAFC to evaluate privacy, confidentiality or security risks associated with the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, and to develop measures intended to reduce identified risks and, wherever possible, eliminate them.
The following are summaries of Privacy Impact Assessments and preliminary Privacy Impact Assessments that AAFC has completed to date:
- Canadian Agricultural Loans Act (CALA) Program
- Business Risk Management Suite (BRMS)
- Integrated Financial and Material System (IFMS), Salary Forecasting Tool (SFT)
- ecoAgriculture Biofuels Capital and Agri-Opportunities Program
- Tax Information Slips and TISS System
- Hog Industry Loan Loss Reserve Program
- Agriculture Accounts Receivable Management
- Governor in Council and Ministerial Appointments