Browse the following list of publications and links for information on agriculture and water.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Related Publications
- Health of our Water - This document summarizes what is currently known about the state of water resources in the agricultural areas of Canada and include information on water use, quality, and management issues.
- Analysis of Agricultural Water Supply Issues: National Summary - This report documents the outcome of regional consultations to identify agricultural water supply issues and constraints.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Related Programs and Activities
- Ag-Water Forum II - Information is provided on the federal, provincial and stakeholder discussions at the Ag-Water Forum II - Agricultural Perspectives on Source Water Protection held in February, 2007.
- National Water Supply Expansion Program (NWSEP) - Through NWSEP, assistance is available to the agricultural community across Canada to help reduce the risk of future water shortages, and to develop and enhance long-term agricultural water supplies. Information is provided on the program.
- Drought Watch - This site provides timely information of the impacts of climatic variability on water supply and agriculture and promotes practices that reduce drought vulnerability and improve management during a drought.
- Watershed Evaluation of Beneficial Management Practices - The objective of the Watershed Evaluation of Beneficial Management Practices project is to quantify on a watershed scale the relative environmental and economic performance of selected Beneficial Management Practices (BMPs).
- Geospatial Products - The Agri-Geomatics Service provides online access to agriculture-related maps, geospatial data and tools that are available from Agriculture and Agr-Food Canada to help you make better decisions for environmentally responsible yet competitive agriculture.
- National Agri-Environmental Health Analysis and Reporting Program - The National Agri-Environmental Health Analysis and Reporting Program provides science-based agri-environmental information to guide policy and program design and help determine which options will be most effective.
- National Agri-Environmental Standards Initiative - The National Agri-Environmental Standards Initiative is a program being led by Environment Canada in partnership with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada to develop science-based agri-environmental performance standards.