Hildebrand, Paul, Ph.D.Research Scientist
32 Main Street
Kentville, Nova Scotia B4N 1J5
Areas of Expertise:
- plant disease epidemiology
- fungal pathogens
- disease management
- storage pathology
- host/pathogen interactions
- cole crops
- bacterial pathogens
- Develop chemical control strategy for integrated disease management of crops.
- Develop cultural control methods to reduce the impact of plant diseases on crops
- Development of Distillery-by-products as substrates and delivery platforms for plant growth promoting rhizosphere agents
Research Publications:The links below lead to abstracts with access to full text.
- Braun, P.G. and Hildebrand, P.D. (2013). "Effect of sugar alcohols, antioxidants and activators of systemically acquired resistance on severity of bacterial angular leaf spot (Xanthomonas fragariae) of strawberry in controlled environment conditions.", Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology / Revue canadienne de phytopathologie, 35(1), pp. 20-26. doi : 10.1080/07060661.2012.751937
- Jamieson, A.R., Hildebrand, P.D., and Renderos, W.E. (2013). "Breeding Strawberry Plants Resistant to Angular Leafspot Disease.", International Journal of Fruit Science, 13(1-2), pp. 28-35. doi : 10.1080/15538362.2012.696959
- Privé, J.-P., Russell, L., Hildebrand, P.D., Boyd, N., and Percival, D.C. (2012). "Intelligent Irrigation of Lowbush Blueberries in Atlantic Canada.", Acta Horticulturae (ISHS), 926, pp. 471-476.
- Allan-Wojtas, P., Hildebrand, P.D., Braun, P.G., Smith-King, H.L., Carbyn, S.E., and Renderos, W.E. (2010). "Low temperature and anhydrous electron microscopy techniques to observe the infection process of the bacterial pathogen Xanthomonas fragariae on strawberry leaves.", Journal of Microscopy, 239(3), pp. 249-258. doi : 10.1111/j.1365-2818.2010.03373.x
Other Science Related Publications:
- Hildebrand, P.D., Renderos, W.E., and Fillmore, S.A.E. (2010). "Severity of septoria leaf spot and stem canker and leaf rust in lowbush blueberry fields pruned by mowing or burning.", Canadian Plant Disease Survey, 90, pp. 155-157.