Hebb, Dale, P. Eng. , M.A.Sc.Environmental Research Biologist
32 Main St.
Kentville, Nova Scotia B4N 1J5
Areas of Expertise:
- BMP Assessments
- Water qualitiy and quanity
- Watershed studies
- Organic production
- Tree fruit irrigation
- Micro/trickle irrigation
- Tree fruit production
- Aquatic/ Terrestrial/ Agriculture CKD Liming Project: Application of CKD to Agricultural and Riparian Lands.
- Watershed Evalaution of BMPs (WEBs), Thomas Brook
- Organic Tree fruit production; environmental impact
- Organic vegetable production; environmental impact
- Association of Professional Engineer's on Nova Scotia
- American socielty of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
- Canadian Society for Bioengineering
Research Publications:The links below lead to abstracts with access to full text.
- Ahmad, N.H.M., Sinclair, A.C., Jamieson, R.C., Madani, A., Hebb, D., Havard, P., and Yiridoe, E.K. (2011). "Modeling sediment and nitrogen export from a rural watershed in eastern Canada using the soil and water assessment tool.", Journal of Environmental Quality, 40(4), pp. 1182-1194. doi : 10.2134/jeq2010.0530
- Sinclair, A.C., Hebb, D., Jamieson, R.C., Gordon, R.J., Benedict, K., Fuller, K.D., Stratton, G.W., and Madani, A. (2009). "Growing season surface water loading of fecal indicator organisms within a rural watershed.", Water Research, 43(5), pp. 1199-1206. doi : 10.1016/j.watres.2008.12.006
Other Science Related Publications:
- Amon-Armah, F., Yiridoe, E.K., and Hebb, D. (2012). "A Comparison of Pollution Production and Crop Yield Response Models Using SWAT-Simulated Data for Watershed Management.", 2012 Annual Meeting of the Canadian Agricultural Economics Society (CAES), Niagara Falls, ON, Canada, June 17-19, 2012.
- Harker, D.B., Clearwater, L., Broersma, K., Chow, L., Hebb, D., Lapen, D.R., Miller, J.J., Scott, T.A., Stuart, V., van Bochove, É., and Yarotski, J.B. (2010). "Watershed Evaluation of Beneficial Management Practices: Lessons Learned Measuring Landscape Processes in Canada.", - Managing agricultural landscapes for environmental quality II, pp. 121-130.
- Hebb, D., Lees, B.M., Fillmore, S.A.E., and Benedict, K. (2009). "Flow Along a Complex Stream and Its Impact for Agricultural BMP Selection.", 64th Annual International Conference of the Soil and Water Conservation Society (SWCS), Dearborn, MI, USA, July 11-15, 2009, pp. 93.