Edwards, Linnell, Ph.D.Research Scientist
440 University Avenue
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 4N6
Areas of Expertise:
- soil management
- Effect of bio-waste usage on runoff.
- Effect of cropping systems on overland flow of nutrients.
- Effect of cropping systems on overland flow of pesticides.
- Effect of cropping systems on sediment movement.
- Quantification of splash sediment as influenced by cropping systems.
- Quantification of the erosive potential of snow.
- Advisory Committee Eastern Canada Soil and Water Conservation Centre.
- Adjunct Professor, Dalhousie University, DalTech
- AAFC's Working Group on Employment Equity
Research Publications:The links below lead to abstracts with access to full text.
- Edwards, L.M. (2013). "The effects of soil freeze–thaw on soil aggregate breakdown and concomitant sediment flow in Prince Edward Island: A review.", Canadian Journal of Soil Science. doi : 10.4141/cjss2012-059
- Edwards, L.M. (2010). "Bio-waste Usage for Soil Erosion Control and Land Improvement Under Potatoes (Solanum tuberosum) in Atlantic Canada.", Canadian Journal of Soil Science, 90(1), pp. 103-111. doi : 10.4141/CJSS08082
Other Science Related Publications:
- Edwards, L.M. (2012). "A basis for decision making on soil conservation in Prince Edward Island PEI, Canada: Considering the evidence.", 67th Annual International Conference of the Soil and Water Conservation Society (SWCS), Fort Worth, TX, USA, July 22-25, 2012, pp. 33.
- Edwards, L.M. (2009). "Challenges of Commercial Biowaste Usage to Reverse Arable Land Degradation in Atlantic Canada.", in Faz Cano, A., Mermut, A.R., Arocena, J.M. and Ortiz Silla, R. (eds.) - Land Degradation and Rehabilitation - Dryland Ecosystems. Advances in GeoEcology Vol. 40, Catena Verlag, Reiskirchen, Germany, Chapter III, pp. 361-368.