Dixon, Peggy, Ph.D.Entomologist
308 Brookfield Road, BLDG 25
St. John's, Newfoundland and labrador A1E 0B2
Areas of Expertise:
- entomology - integrated pest management
- cole crops
- entomology - horticulture
- other small fruits
- entomology - cultural control
- entomology - ecology
- entomology - behaviour
- entomology - biology and life history
- small fruits and vegetables
- Provide information on the biology and ecology of insect pests and their natural enemies.
- To develop insect and mite control technologies for horticultural ecosystems that are environmentally responsible, sustainable and reduced-risk.
Research Publications:The links below lead to abstracts with access to full text.
- Fry, H.R.C., Quiring, D.T., Ryall, K.L., and Dixon, P.L. (2009). "Influence of intra-tree variation in phenology and oviposition site on the distribution and performance of Ennomos subsignaria on mature sycamore maple.", Ecological Entomology, 34(3), pp. 394-405. doi : 10.1111/j.1365-2311.2009.01091.x
- Squires, S., Hermanutz, L., and Dixon, P.L. (2009). "Agricultural insect pest compromises survival of two endemic Braya (Brassicaceae).", Biological Conservation, 142(1), pp. 203-211. doi : 10.1016/j.biocon.2008.10.015