Robert, Laurian, Ph.D.Research Scientist
960 Carling Ave
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0C6
Areas of Expertise:
- Molecular study of flower development
- Characterization of flower-specific promoters
- Development of molecular approaches to limit gene flow
- Development of molecular approaches to modify/improve plant fertility
- Molecular genetics of crop flower development.
- Development and Application of Pollen Coat Protein Targeting Technologies for Plant Reproduction and Fertility Control
- Improving fruit set in crops by reducing the impact of high temperature on pollen development and function.
Research Publications:The links below lead to abstracts with access to full text.
- Zaidi, M.A., O'Leary, S., Wu, S., Gleddie, S.C., Eudes, F., Laroche, A., and Robert, L.S. (2012). "A molecular and proteomic investigation of proteins rapidly released from triticale pollen upon hydration.", Plant Molecular Biology, 79(1-2), pp. 101-121. doi : 10.1007/s11103-012-9897-y
- Gaudet, D.A., Wang, Y., Frick, M., Puchalski, B., Penniket, C., Ouellet, T., Robert, L.S., Singh, J., and Laroche, A. (2011). "Low temperature induced defence gene expression in winter wheat in relation to resistance to snow moulds and other wheat diseases.", Plant Science, 180(1), pp. 99-110. doi : 10.1016/j.plantsci.2010.07.023
- Xu, Y., Badea, C., Tran, F., Frick, M., Schneiderman, D., Robert, L.S., Harris, L.J., Thomas, D.K., Tinker, N.A., Gaudet, D.A., and Laroche, A. (2011). "Next-Gen sequencing of the transcriptome of triticale.", Plant Genetic Resources: Characterization and Utilization, 9(2), pp. 181-184. doi : 10.1017/s1479262111000281
Other Science Related Publications:
- Frick, M., Xu, Y., Robert, L.S., Gulick, P., Harris, L.J., Badea, C., Penniket, C., and Laroche, A. (2011). "Transcriptional analyses of plant defense pathway related genes in cereals.", VI International Scientific Seminar on Plant Health and II International Phytoplasma Workshop, Havana, Cuba, September 22-26, 2008, pp. 13.